Childrens Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OH 45229-3039
|Point of Contact:||Joseph
D. Fondacaro, Ph.D.
Director of Technology Transfer
fax: (513) 636-8453
Products and Services:
Business Overview or History:
Several Episcopal women founded Childrens Hospital in 1883 in the City of Cincinnati. Later the hospital moved from Walnut Hills to Mt. Auburn. In 1926, William Cooper Procter, Jr. moved it from Mt. Auburn to its present site at the Medical School complex. The Childrens Hospital Research Foundation was created in 1931 and, as a total commitment to child healthcare, was joined with the Childrens Hospital to form the Childrens Hospital Medical Center in 1973. The Research Foundation currently has a budget of $90 million and 260,000 gross square feet devoted to biomedical research and vivarium. Some 100 Ph.D. and M.D. researchers, some of whom are full-time and some of whom, in addition, provide patient care, use the Medical Centers research facilities. Grants awarded, including industry contracts, to the Medical Center during the fiscal year 1996, totaled more the $26,000,000, of which $17.1 million was from the National Institutes of Health and more the $2 million from other federal sources. The Research Foundation recently established the Office of Technology Transfer, which manages the intellectual property of the Foundation and its interactions with industry. The vision of Childrens Hospital Medical Center is to become "the leader in improving child health".
Send comments or questions to the WTN Webmaster
Internet and Web Services provided by HCST*Net.
A Service of Hassler Communication Systems Technology, Inc.